About The beneficiary
NAMI North Texas (National Alliance on Mental Illness, North Texas Chapter)
Serving Serving Dallas, Collin, Denton and Rockwall counties, NAMI North Texas, a 501(c)3, is part of the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans impacted by mental health conditions.
The proceeds from the 2019 Don’t Quit Half Marathon will be used by NAMI North Texas in the following ways:
- To provide support free of charge to people with mental health conditions and to their families
- To educate families and consumers free of charge
- To advocate for nondiscriminatory and equitable policies at the federal, state, and local level and in the private sector
- To advocate for improved opportunities for housing, rehabilitation, and meaningful jobs
- To support research into the causes and treatments of brain disorders
- To support public education programs designed to help eliminate the pervasive stigma surrounding severe mental health conditions.
We’re looking for about 350 volunteers on race day, your help will support our mission to help improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. Groups and corporate teams are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
Don’t Quit 13.1
Why be involved?
The event is spearheaded by Jennifer Gray Anthony, an avid runner. Raising awareness and stopping the stigma are important to her because mental health issues have impacted her family. Jennifer wants people to know that there are options and resources available. They don’t have to lose hope and quit.